Last Updated: May 17, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the Services to send or receive messages, including photos or videos uploaded into our Services, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your username, password, email address, phone number, age and any other information you choose to provide.
When you send or receive messages, we also temporarily collect, process and store the contents of those messages (such as photos, videos, and/or captions) on our servers. The contents of those messages are also stored on the devices of recipients.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICES
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- USAGE INFORMATION: When you upload content to our Services, we collect information about this content, including the time and date.
- LOG INFORMATION: We log information about your use of our websites, including your browser type and language, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the website you visited before navigating to our websites
- DEVICE INFORMATION: We may collect information about the computer or device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (“IMEI”) and mobile network information. In addition, the Services may access your device’s native phonebook and image storage applications, with your consent, to facilitate your use of certain features of the Services. For more information about how you can control our access to these applications, please see “Your Choices” below.
- INFORMATION COLLECTED BY COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to you. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to provide additional features;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by jbarrows and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- Detect, investigate and/or prevent fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Jbarrows is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
- With other users who may access your content;
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to legal process or a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, rule, or regulation, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- In order to investigate or remedy potential violations of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of jbarrows, our users or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of thirteen.
You may update or correct information about yourself by editing your account settings within our Services. If you wish to delete your account, please visit https://jblearn.staging.wpengine.com/account/ but note that we may retain certain information as required by law, for legitimate business purposes, or as part of our regular retention practices. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you first launch any features of our Services that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to our collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our Services from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
Jbarrows may send push notifications or alerts to your device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your device (iOS) or by changing your settings within our Services (Android).
To contact us, please send a message to email@example.com or write to:
10 Post Office Square, 8th Floor
Boston, MA 02109